COVID-19 vaccination is just like any other vaccine. that does not provide 100% protection depending on the efficacy of the vaccine and the individual response. The effectiveness in preventing infection is 60-90%, depending on the type of vaccine. But the key features of every COVID-19 vaccine can reduce the severity of post-infection morbidity and mortality by nearly 100%, thereby significantly reducing hospitalization and loss of life. very in order to get the most benefit from vaccination and prevent or reduce any side effects that may occur Therefore, we need to prepare and prepare health to be ready for vaccination as follows.
Before receiving the COVID-19 vaccination
- People with chronic illnesses or who have regular medications that need to be taken You should consult your personal doctor first.
- get enough rest
- If you are sick, have a fever or are unwell, postpone your vaccination for at least 1-2 weeks.
- Drink enough water, refrain from drinking alcohol.
- Eat properly If there is a drug to treat congenital disease, then you can eat it.
- if taking anticoagulants or antiplatelet drugs Please inform the staff at the registration point.
- For patients who take Warfarin and do not have a history of treatment or have had INR results at Ramkhamhaeng Hospital within 1 month before the vaccination date, please bring the INR result to inform yourself. (If the INR result cannot be determine, the hospital reserves the right to consider postponing or canceling your vaccination)
- Get the COVID-19 vaccination 4 weeks away from other vaccinations. In case of pregnancy less than 12 weeks gestation, please inform the staff. and the hospital of vaccination.
During the COVID-19 vaccination
- Prepare documents required for vaccination such as ID card, registration information. for quick convenience
- Arrive at the hospital 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that opens your shoulders easily. easy to vaccinate
- Wear a mask at all times wash your hands and distance
- People with 7 groups of congenital diseases, including cardiovascular disease. cerebrovascular disease Chronic respiratory disease, obesity, chronic renal disease, cancer, diabetes, consult your doctor
- before injecting. before vaccination. There is no need to stop taking any medication. or taking other medications In addition to the doctor’s orders
- The staff checked body temperature, blood pressure and blood oxygen. before getting vaccinate
- It is recommended to inject the arm that is not very good at it. Refrain from using or contracting the arm that was injected.
- strictly follow the instructions of the staff
After receiving the COVID-19 vaccination
- Strictly rest for 30 minutes to observe symptoms at the hospital or the vaccination site. Adverse vaccine COVID-19 as a potential
- 1. Mild symptoms. It can disappear on its own within 3 days. General symptoms such as low-grade fever, muscle and joint aches or pain, swelling, redness, itching or recurrence at the injection site, fatigue, feeling sick, headache, nausea, or local numbness.
- 2. Severe symptoms. Uncommon or rare, such as a lump at the injection site, dizziness, lightheadedness, palpitations, abdominal pain, vomiting, decreased appetite unusually profuse sweating Enlarged lymph nodes, distorted mouth, muscle weakness, seizures, loss of consciousness, flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose
- 3. Vaccine allergies such asHigh fever, severe headache, pressure drop, bronchospasm, difficulty breathing, rash all over the body. If found to have severe symptoms After vaccination, you should see your doctor immediately.
- Try not to strain the vaccinated arm. or use your arms to lift heavy objects for at least 2 days
- If you have a fever or severe pain Take 1 500 mg paracetamol tablet and repeat it 6 hours apart (Brufen, Arcoxia, Celebrex are strictly prohibited).
- After waiting for 30 minutes, the staff will measure the blood pressure again before going back. And when you go home, you still need to observe your symptoms for another 48-72 hours. If you find any severe abnormalities such as numbness in the hemispheres, weakness in the limbs, crooked lips, seek immediate medical attention.